Thursday, August 6, 2015

Changes and Delays

I've changed not only the look of the blog, but also the name of the series. Admittedly, The Sentient/Feral Vampire Series was a bit cumbersome, but I wasn't really sure what to call the series (I suppose I should have thought of that, but that it became a series was as much of a surprise for me as writing the first book in the first place. It's a learning game). The series has its start in Chicago, and the characters have such a connection to the city, so I decided I would call it the Chicago Vampire Series. That seems to flow a bit better. 

As for the look of the blog, I've been posting teases for the sequel Ujaali that feature some wonderful photographs of Chicago at night. They're unique photos of neighborhoods and alley ways that my friend Matt Teuter was kind enough to let me use. He's a talented photographer with a good eye in both day and nightime scapes. You can check out more of his photos at Matt Tuteur Photography Around Chicago at Night and Matt Tuteur Street Photography or click on the links. I decided to tile the blog with one photograph I find particularly haunting. 

As I wrote, I've been putting up teases for the sequel to To Touch the Sun which was supposed to be out in July. Unfortunately, we've had an issue about the cover and are currently working that out. So I don't have a firm date for when Ujaali will be released, but I will keep you informed. And will try to put up some posts about the novel itself. I'm anxious for its release. 

In the meantime you can check for further updates at my author page on Facebook, or my website, laura-enright.com which I don't get a chance to update as much. 

In the meantime, the delay might be the perfect time for those who haven't had a chance to check out To Touch the Sun and catch up with the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment